Chu Kong Plan has set up a Furniture Recycling Service with the aim of reducing the waste at source and helping people in need. Once the item has been collected, checking, refurbishment and replacement will be arranged. It is stored until needed and then gifted free of charge to people in need to help them sustain their tenancies and lead a better quality of life.
This service collects reusable furniture and
electrical items from public. Some of items will be sold in Chu Kong Used Furniture Shop at affordable price, the net proceeds from the sale will go toward Chu Kong plan for
supporting environmental protection program and poverty alleviation program.
The service will only work with the support of public, we welcome your contribution!
We are always
in need of clean, gently used furniture and electronic items–the kinds of basic
items typically used daily or frequently.
Items we needed
Items we CANNOT take:
l Headboards & Bed Frames
l Mattresses & Box Springs
l Dressers/Wardrobe Closet
l Tables & Chairs
l Entertainment Unit/Storage Unit
l Coffee Tables & Lamps
l End Tables & Night Stands
l Cable-ready TVS and refrigerators in a good working condition ,and items have not been using over 5 year
l Soiled, Torn or Broken
l Build -in furniture
l Gas lift bed frame
l No-standard dimension furniture
l Furniture over 8 feet in height
l Furniture is dismantled
l Incomplete furniture accessories
We love to collect every item you donate. Sadly, Chu Kong Plan is a non –governmental organization, there is insufficient manpower and resource for us to handle every donation, and we may refuse donation according to the demand of need, storage space and manpower arrangement.
How to donate?
1.Send us image of donated items
2.State the dimension of donated items
4.Preferred date for collection
Please WhatsApp the above information to 9521 1192. Volunteer team will do our best to reply you shortly
If the item can be reused and recycled, we will offer free collection service. For unsuitable items, you may organize a collection service through our organization at your own cost. Chu Kong Removal : 6716 3121.
To Drop-off Furniture Donations
You are welcome to drop off your donation directly at our center during regular business hours.Please call ahead and let us know you are coming.
Address: Flat C4, 6/F, Block C, Tuen Mun Industrial Centre, 2 San Ping
Circuit, Tuen Mun, N.T.
Opening Hour: Monday-Sunday 9:30 am to 6:30pm
To Arrange a Furniture Donation Pick-up
If you cannot drop off your donation, you can arrange for us to pick it up.The pick-up service only available for bulky items.Please let us know as early as possible to allow our logistics arrangement.
Terms and Conditions
1. If you are utilizing our free collection service, items to be collected that are not on the ground floor must have access to an operating elevator without accessing any stairs. Suitable parking area for the collection truck is also a requirement.
2. Free collection service does not include any parking fees. All costs uncured will be on-charged.
3. We reserve the right to cancel the collection service if the items is not as described and the items cannot be reused on a reasonable basis.
4. We may not collect other items which are not pre-registered.
5. If you wish to cancel the collection service, you will need to notify us at least 2 working days prior to the day of collection.
6. We reserve the right on how to handle the collected furniture and electronic items.Please visit our website for more information.
7. In case of any dispute, Chu Kong Plan reserve the right for final decision.
Adverse Weather Arrangement
When typhoon warning signal no. 8 or above, and red or black rainstorm warning is in force within 2 hours before the collection, the service will be cancelled and rearranged.